When you use hot water for showering, washing dishes, or doing laundry, your water heater is your best friend. But sometimes, even good friends need a little help. If your water heater is acting strange, you might be wondering whether it needs a repair or a replacement. Don’t worry, we’re here to help you figure that out. Remember, if you’re unsure, it’s always a good idea to call a licensed plumber. Let’s dive in!
1. Cold Water Surprise
- If your water isn’t getting warm, or it’s turning cold quickly during a shower, your water heater might be having trouble.
2. Strange Noises
- Is your water heater making loud bangs, cracks, or pops? These noises could mean something’s not right inside.
3. Leaks and Puddles
- If you find water around your water heater, that’s a big sign of trouble. Leaks can lead to bigger problems, so don’t ignore them.
4. Rusty Water
- When the water coming out of your faucets looks rusty or discolored, your water heater might be rusting on the inside.
5. Old Age
- Water heaters don’t last forever. If yours is over 10-15 years old, it might be nearing the end of its life and showing signs of wear and tear.
6. Not Enough Hot Water
- If your hot water runs out faster than usual, or you can’t get enough for your needs, your water heater might need attention.
7. Pilot Light Problems
- Gas water heaters have a little flame called a pilot light. If it’s always going out, there could be an issue.
8. Smelly Water
- If the hot water coming from your taps smells weird or metallic, your water heater could be involved.
9. Higher Energy Bills
- A water heater that needs repair or is too old might start using more energy, leading to higher bills.
10. Wetness or Corrosion
- Check for any signs of moisture, dampness, or rust on the outside of your water heater. This could mean problems on the inside.
Remember, if you notice any of these signs, it’s important to get help. Contact Marlin Plumbing Services to take a closer look. We are experts with water heaters and can help you decide whether your water heater needs a simple fix or a replacement. We have extensive experience with the installation of all kinds of water heaters including Gas, Electric, and Tankless. Due to our in depth experience with water heaters we are also experts in repairing all models and brands. There is no water heater problem you can have that we are not perfectly equipped to solve. Save yourself the headache and let us help keep your house safe and cozy!